SEA is selling Highlander-cross cattle (unsure if we will receive steers or heifers). These are super lean, grass fed, Alaskan beef. They are $1200 each if you pay by check or cash. If you pay online, there is a 3% service fee of $35. Please note that butchering/processing fees are NOT included.
They will be on horse-quality timothy hay, and have daily turnout on a grass pasture. They are about 2 years old, we expect their weight to be around 400-450 lbs.
Here’s how it works:
Buy your cow now, and SEA pays to feed & house it all summer. In August, you’ll come pick it up.
What’s in it for you?
· Receive a family season pass to use at all Soldotna Rodeo’s
· Annual cattle fee is waived to participate in weeknight cattle events
· Put QUALITY beef in your freezer, with NO preservatives, hormones, or dyes
Who do you support by buying local beef?
· An Alaskan cattle ranching family
· A local, education-based non profit
· The agricultural education of our youth
· These cattle make it possible for SEA to give back to our community and other non-profit organizations, including: Central Peninsula Hospital, Kenai Peninsula Food Bank, Hope Community Resources, 4-H, Alaska High School Rodeo Association, Pony Club, and more.
Contact us ASAP to reserve your cow!
Soldotna Equestrian Association (on Facebook)